Sunday 20 December 2009

AE Quick Tip - Null Objects

Soooo I've been a bit lax with this project, this will change in the new year.

first up a quick tip when working in After Effects with many text/solid layers being parented to Null objects. as far as I can work out the default colour picker lets you define the colours for video/music/still layer but doesn't differentiate between null/text or solid layers. usually the null objects are controlling the other layers in one way or another and there for finding them quickly to make changes is useful, naming them differently helps (unlike my image below) but I've started also changing the colour by clicking on box and selecting any one from the drop down list helps me instantly distinguish from a sea of red layers.





thats all for now. see you all in the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment